I have been asked for this on my retreats so here it is. This is the basic ‘formula’ now add what ever takes your fancy.
Note: Makes 20-30 balls, depending on the size you prefer.
- 1 cups nut butter or tahini
- 1 cup sesame seeds or nuts of choice grind to preferred constancy (chunky or fine)
- 1.5 cups fresh dates, pitted (soak in water for 20-30 minutes to soften if they are dry) and chopped up (be warned blenders hate this job, i speak as a lady who has killed three)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon or your hands.
- Add in your dates and nut butter.
- Stir until well mixed. Your mixture should come together and easily form balls when you squeeze some in your hands. If your mixture is too crumbly, add more nut butter or dates. If it is too wet, add more coconut or sesame seeds.
- Roll into balls the size of your choice.
- Freeze or refrigerate.
- Ginger and Cumin, with Apricots
- Cardamom and Allspice and Lemon
- Lemon zest or Orange juice.
- grated carrot and raisins.
- cocoa or cacao.
- coconut sugar, honey, dried banana, dried pineapple, dried apricots or even raisins.
The list is never ending, go be creative. Enjoy