This months retreats have allowed us to create so much good in our local enviroment, through our efforts we have managed to
Oh yeah and I forgot to tell you about all the great work your retreat is helping to get done.
We bought 500 trees to offset your travel.
New Forest Retreats with Nova Milesko has so far planted 1,514 real trees in their forest! Below you’ll find a break down of the projects they’ve supported.
|Project||Number of trees|
|Mangrove planting in Madagascar||1,514|
How much carbon do these trees absorb?
Reforestation is widely understood as a major natural climate solution. From an ecological point of view we’re only just grasping the cost of what life is like without trees.
With our mangrove trees they capture up to four times as much carbon per acre than tropical rainforests. Three quarters of tropical fish rely on their root systems for nurseries and shelter.
The reforestation projects we fund aren’t certified as carbon offsets. The carbon emissions they will sequester will happen in the future, so for any reporting on offsetting a carbon footprint we only use certified offsets from our other projects (such as renewable energy). It’s this combination of making reductions today, and planning reductions in the future that is our approach to comprehensive strategy of limiting climate change.
And because of the last lovely groups, we have been able to use our retreats from this month to also support these charties in helping us all to live in a better world.
- Bumblebee Conservation Trust Bumblebees are iconic, charismatic and play a vital role by pollinating our crops and native wildflower species. However, since the 1930’s we have lost 97% of our flower-rich habitat, leaving bumblebees hungry and homeless. The Bumblebee Conservation Trust is the only UK charity dedicated to conserving the bumblebee and our mission is to halt and reverse their declines.
- Global Refugee Aid Global refugee Aid objectives are: The relief of poverty and the preservation and protection of health of those seeking asylum or granted leave to remain in the UK or overseas by assisting with provision of aid, accommodation, advice, support and education and by facilitating the integration of refugees and asylum seekers into the wider community.
- Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust is one of 46 Wildlife Trusts working across the UK. With the invaluable support of our volunteers and members we manage over 50 nature reserves. We also work with other organisations and landowners to protect and connect wildlife sites across the county and inspire local communities and young people to care for wildlife.
- Just One Ocean For centuries, humans have relied on coastal and marine environments to survive, develop and prosper. However, our current levels of exploitation and damage have reached unprecedented levels. Just One Ocean is a conservation charity committed to protecting the ocean for future generations through science, education and communication.
- Mental Health Foundation The Mental Health Foundation is the UK’s charity for everyone’s mental health. With prevention at the heart of what we do, we aim to find and address the sources of mental health problems so that people and communities can thrive.
- Refugee Action Refugee Action works with people who have fled war, violence and persecution. They get them the support they need to live in dignity, and build safe and productive lives here in the UK.
- Water Smart Foundation The Water Smart Foundation’s (WSF) objective is for the conservation and protection of the natural environment, by the reduction of global pollution caused by current methods of production and distribution of water. We implement solutions reducing plastic and micro plastic polluting the earth’s ocean.
- WWF-UK WWF is the world’s leading independent conservation organisation. Our mission is to create a world where people and wildlife can thrive together.