This a staple on my retreats and at home. It can be made in seconds and pretty much with any kind of veggies to hand. Plus it is Vegan and Glutan Free, which matters to my retreats but less for the family.
Red onions because they don’t male me cry are always my first choice. If you happen to have bought a curry paste in the past now is the time to use it (if you liked it and it is not out of date).
Mix the onion and spices Tumeric, coriander, curry, cumin, cayenne and fry. DO NOT ADD CHLLI YET. It is used to make mustard gas and this is now you release it. I have smoked myself and hubby out more times than I really should have. Add it when the sauce is in, which can go either way here. I add went Coconut this time but if you are in the for tomatoes go that way instead.
- Red Onion chopped
- Ginger and Garlic 3cm
- Tumeric, coriander, curry, cumin, cayenne, Half a teaspoon each or less
- Any curry paste, I used 1 tablespoon of Madras for a med heat
- Chickpeas- soaked overnight and peeled or a 400g tin.
- Coconut or Tomatoes 400g tin
- Sweet Potatoes 2 Med
- Butternut Squash 2cm of the long thin end
- Spinach half a bag
- Cherry Tomatoes 150g
- Fresh Coriander to taste.
This was loved on my latest retreat which is why this recipe was requested by Jackie. Here you go love. Please let us know if you like it. xx